“Tulip” Oven-baked Eggs
As tasty as it is pretty, this recipe is perfect for your Sunday brunch. With a cooking time of only 10 minutes, oven-baked eggs are truly timeless!
- Spread some Hint of Salt Moulded Butter on the bread.
- Make 4 notches on each side of the each slice of bread, stopping before the centre.
- Push the slices of bread into ramekins by overlapping the edges to form a tulip.
- Cook the spinach for 5 minutes in some melted butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg whites into the ramekins. Keep the yolks in their shells in cool place.
- Add a teaspoon of thick Creme Fraiche and the spinach.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the ramekins from the oven, add the egg yolks on top and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Use large ramekins to easily insert the slices of bread. Otherwise, simply serve the oven-baked eggs with buttered toast.